For SUEZ NWS, people development is at the very heart of the company’s transformation as well as of its Corporate Social Responsibility. Our career development approach is to ensure adequate resourcing of the present and future organization and to provide employees with motivating and challenging career opportunities. We expect our people to be ready “for what’s next”. While offering a wide range of opportunities for the employees to develop, connect and share, reflect and learn, innovate and support collaboration, we continuously foster an integrated and harmonized corporate culture of engagement, innovation and performance across the company.
Talent development is the key to a company’s long-term sustainable growth and it is even more so for SUEZ NWS as we undergo a major organisational transformation. At SUEZ NWS, we provide our employees with a wide range of self-development opportunities to help them become tomorrow’s leaders.
In taking up a Leader role, you are embarking on a leadership development journey. The majority of your learning and development will be through “In-Role Development”, working on tasks and activities you undertake as part of your role. This program is based on SUEZ Leadership Attitudes as its foundation and designed to support you gain clarity on what is expected of you as a leader at SUEZ and how to develop yourself from a good to great leader. Your transition into a great Leader is a process rather than a single event. The program is not a once-event, but a 1-year development journey, consisting of 5 ‘stages’, which signify the various stages of development.
This program is designed as an intervention to enable participants to make a successful transition from an individual contributor to a team leader, through:
- Effectively lead the development of self and others
- Have common understanding of SUEZ’s expectation for leaders-Leadership Attitudes
- Enhance skills of leading teams especially on feedback, motivation and conflict management
- Explore solutions to cope with individual leadership challenges
The Group allocates a considerable amount of resources including on-the-job training to our staff to ensure that every employee has a rewarding career here at SUEZ NWS. We also believe in “Leaders Growing Leaders” where senior managers are encouraged to nurture talents in the company – which was why we launched the Mentoring Programme to allow mentors to pass on valuable career advice to their mentees through regular exchanges.
Mentoring program provides one-on-one exchange opportunities for employees with senior leaders who understand the company, the business and the culture. The primary gold of the mentorship is sharing personal experience, supporting career development and guiding mentees through uncertainties they may face. This developmental intervention helps our employees build internal network and benefit from this network in their growth journey within SUEZ NWS.
- This is a strong and efficient development tool, and Learning Relationship to build SUEZ Leadership
- Aims at developing capacity of talents to deal with their environment (soft skills, career management, leadership, difficult issues, …)
- Create a qualitative network across business and functions
- Promote “Leaders Develop Leaders” Culture at SUEZ NWS
SUEZ NWS has always depended on the expertise of its technical populations in successfully winning business and delivering value to its clients. As a services company, SUEZ NWS is even more dependent on the quality of its experts to develop solutions for clients. It is in this spirit that SUEZ NWS propose a unique learning opportunity “Learning for Experts” to develop this key population.
The objective of the program is to develop their non-technical competencies in the areas of:
- Communication & interpersonal effectiveness
- Transfer of knowledge and expertise
- Cooperation across business
- Client engagement
- Supporting SUEZ NWS in the move towards a service company positioning via experts who know how to operate with a consultative mind-set
-Understanding how to effectively transfer knowledge/expertise
- Integrating experts into a group-wide experts community
- Developing awareness of one's own operating style and those of others
- Learning to become more effective in interpersonal communication and collaboration with impact
- Learning about SUEZ NWS business today and tomorrow
Thanks to this program, you are going to develop your technical and managerial skills and potential both in Asia and internationally and it will become a real personal asset for your career development.
During two years, this program allows you to accomplish 3 different missions within diverse business units and to comprehend different cultures and lines of business in great china and internationally. Each mission is a learning step and opportunity. This is a perfect springboard for you to take higher responsibilities in the future within the company.
Who we are looking for?
You are a Master student graduating from an engineering or business program and you are looking for an exciting and challenging development opportunities for your career
- You are particularly interested in environmental business and you feel responsible for the sustainable development of our future
- You are bilingual in Chinese and English and it’s a plus if you speak a third language
- You are highly motivated and you have an interesting and thoughtful professional project in the environment industry
- You are open-minded, curious and you are mobile
- You demonstrate cultural adaptability and good interpersonal skills